Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Painting The Scraproom

For the last week or so, the interior of my home is getting painted.  I am especially excited about having a fresh coat of paint on the walls of my scraproom.  It was the previous owners nursery and there was a nice bunny mural on the wall that the grandma had painted.  It was cute and sweet, but I was looking forward to making my creative space my own.  After living in the home for 4 1/2 years, it was time to paint.  It wasn't an easy choice deciding on a color for my scraproom.  I was thinking of a funky lime green, a pale blue, or maybe even a dramatic color such as dark orange.  I realized that I had to make my space warm and cheery.  I am not really a yellow fan, but I saw this yellow/orange shade in the painter's Benjamin Moore Paint Chips and decided to go with Suntan Yellow.  It goes well with our wood trim.



Now the challenge is to clean, sort and organize my scraproom.   I also need to hang some inspiration on the walls and buy some paper sorters and shelving.  I really like those clothesline thingies to clip up layouts.  There are lots of websites that have ideas for organizing scraprooms so I will be checking them out.  If you have any websites you can suggest, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment