Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pets Are Precious

Today I took my cat to the vet as I have noticed she just doesn't seem her perky self.  She is about 11 years old and we got her from the SPCA when she was approximately two years old.  The SPCA where we got her doesn't euthanize cats or dogs so sometimes animals have been known to stay there for two years or so.  Our cat Asia, was in the shelter for 5 months and she definitely has issues.  She really only likes my son, my husband and I.

Asia had a checkup and a blood test and we found out that she has a kidney disease.  Kidney disease is quite common in older cats and there is no cure, but if caught early, there are medications and food that can prolong their life and make her more comfortable.   The poor thing was so stressed today that it took two people to hold her down to get a blood sample.  She has little areas shaved all over.  

Asia is  such a part of our life and I have many photos and layouts of her over the years.  My son adores her and never goes to school without her sending him off and greeting him when he returns.  

Here are some photos and layouts of my sweet cat Asia:



































So there you have it.  She is a huge part of our family and we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment