Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pieces Of Me

I don't usually get personal on my blog and usually keep it strictly to scrapbooking, and other artsy projects, but I just had to share.

It is a sad day for me today and I know that scrapbooking is so therapeutic for me.  Today would have been my kid brother's 44th birthday.  He passed away almost 6 years ago from a fast and deadly infection.  He was only 38 and was a husband, father of a four year old and a two year old and was just starting out in a business that was his dream.  

Dean 

It has been really hard on my family and I and it always hits me hard on his birthday and the day he passed away.  It has forever changed my family and as much as I try to rise above, I still have a hard time on these particular days. 

Scrapbooking is about documenting the good times and the not so good times.  It has helped me so much in the past five years of working through these life trials.  I have scrapbooked some layouts of my brother, but haven't done any recently.  It is something I have to be in the right mood to do.  Today might  be that day as I usually scrapbook what is on my mind for that day.  So enough about that.

I did do a layout on myself today.  It is always weird to me to scrapbook myself, but it sometimes must be done as we need to document our lives for our children and grandchildren.  

Pieces of Me at 48

So that is a piece of my thoughts today and if this experience has taught me anything, it is to live each day to the fullest and try to do something fun everyday.  My brother was such a funny and amazing guy.  He really was passionate about life and did live his life to the fullest.  I am so glad that he did.
Scrapbooking is my passion and I really try to do something creative everyday.  Even if it's only ten minutes a day.  It feeds my soul and it heals my wounds.  It is in my blood and whether I am taking a photo, buying supplies, planning a layout or actually creating, it is part of my daily life.  Is it a part of yours?  Thanks for letting me share and hopefully you can carve out some time in your busy life to have fun!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Lee-Anne - I'm so sorry you lost your brother at such a young age.
    I think scrapbooking does help with memories and emotions.
    Agree with you about scrapping myself - it feels strange but we need to do it. I love the LO you've created about yourself.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete