Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cropaganza Was Perfect!

This weekend was fabulous.  A scrapbook convention named Cropaganza was held in Red Deer, Alberta organized by the awesome Christy Riopel, Allison Orthner and Michelle Zemlack.

It's always nice to get away for the weekend and hang out with the girls and take some classes.  Donna Downey was there teaching and I was able to take a class with this awesome lady.  I love her sense of humour and her simple style of teaching.  She is so personable and down to earth.  She also served her students coffee if they wanted some.  It was so much fun and I came away from her class feeling great.

I also took a class by the talented Cathie Allen.  We worked with pigment inks and the Smooch products. I love learning new techniques and she had several of them to share.  Cathie is a sweet lady with a true passion for her craft and it shows in her teaching.

The fellowship was wonderful, the accommodation was very nice and it's always great to meet new friends that share this passion of scrapbooking.  We "get" each other.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had been there! Great to hear you had a nice time :)

    ReplyDelete