Thursday, February 23, 2012

Get Messy Challenge

Today is my turn on Scrapbook Challenges to share the February "Get Messy Challenge".

I love using different mediums on my pages to give my layout texture, dimension and interest.  Below is a layout I created on my son when he was five years old.

Five & Alive

On this layout, I used Liquitex Modelling Paste, Claudine Helmuth Acrylic Paints, a 6" X 6" Chevron Stencil by Balzer Designs, Americana White Acrylic Paint and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I also added some Jillibean Soup Kraft Corrugated Letters and doctored them up with various colours of Claudine Helmuth Acrylic Paints.  To complete the layout, I used some ruler ribbon and some Jenni Bowlin Black Vintage Buttons embellished with My Mind's Eye "Lime Twist" Twine and a Maya Road Kraft Journaling Tag.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to try some different mediums on your projects and to get messy!

Oh, and because February is the month of love, my challenge to you is to use the following song that was my wedding song back in September 1999 and create a project with the title "All My Life".


Have fun!

Be sure and check out Scrapbook Challenges for more inspiration and challenges.  Have a wonderful, scrappy day!

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE this page, Lee-Anne...and LOVE how you used the stencil!! Sooooo cool, and the pic is the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee-Anne what an AMAZING page! I am always in awe! Those corrugated letters have been on my wish list for a while...hmm, perhaps it is time to add them to my cart!
    -Jazz-

    ReplyDelete