Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SC March Madness Challenge #1

March Madness is now going on over at Scrapbook Challenges and we have sixteen design team members fighting it out in our first challenge.  It goes from 16 design team members to 8, to 4, to 2 and then the winner.  If you guess correctly you could win a prize valued at $150.  

All 8 teams had to create a layout, digital, hybrid or traditional and use the first 10 letters of our first name and middle name.  My first challenge is competing with the talented and awesome Cathy from South Africa.   My layout was of one of my "She Art" girls that I created last spring:

Create Art It's My Passion


First 10 letters of my name:  LEEANNE BRE

L - LACE
E - ENVELOPE
E - ENVELOPE
A - ACRYLIC PAINT
N - NEON
N - NEON
E - ENVELOPE

B - BUTTON
R - RIC RAC
E - ENVELOPE

I used four envelopes and layered them.  The neon colours are the green and yellow and I used Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabbers to create the border and on the envelope flaps.  I could tuck some other photos or notes in the envelopes if I wish.  The orange ric rac is used for the stem of the one flower and the top envelope flap.  The lace is the melon ruffle on the bottom envelope and the buttons are used for the center of the flowers and the top envelope flap.  Whew!  It's a very colourful layout for sure!

Come join Scrapbook Challenges March Madness and have fun with us.  I am not going to ask you to vote for me, but you can if you want to.  It would be great for you to join in the fun and our weekly sketches and challenges.  

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool challenge! Really fun colours in your design...and your she art is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Lee-Anne! I love the bright and cheerful colours.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete