Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SC March Madness Challenge 2



Snow Pretty

Things are going very well and I am super excited to announce that I made it to Round 2 of the March Madness Challenge at Scrapbook Challenges.  It started with all of the 16 designers and now we are down to 8 designers.  The competition is fierce and I am paired with Lauri Andrus for this challenge.  

The challenge is to create a monochromatic layout by using our team colour and put it on a neutral background of white, kraft or black.  My team colour is blue.  Blue is my favourite colour so I wanted to create a layout of winter with the cool blue tones.  The lace looks green, but it is actually a lighter shade of blue.  The snowflakes were stickers that I wanted to make sparkle so I used Glossy Accents and some glitter that I sprinkled before it dried completely.  The background was misted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Bell Bottom Jeans.  The papers are from the Midnight Frost Collection by Bo Bunny.  I distressed the edges of the white paper background with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Broken China.  I used some Kaisercraft jewels and pearls and some assorted brads and buttons and some machine stitching and adhered it to blue cardstock.  

Thanks for stopping by and I really would appreciate your vote at Scrapbook Challenges.  You can vote on March 29 and up to midnight on March 30.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning LO Lee-Anne.
    I love all the shades of blue and your techniques and details.
    I'll be voting...:)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete