Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Practical Scrappers Ten Things - Hearts


Valentine's Day is just around the corner and the challenge today is to use a heart punch in different ways.  I don't have a heart punch so I got my trusted Silhouette Cameo ready and created a heart stencil.  I then used my distress inks and mists and created the background on the white card stock.


I also stamped on some of the cut out hearts, placed some feathers and twine and did a little machine stitching.









I used the Devoted Collection from Carta Bella.  I love grey, pink and aqua together.  It is a refreshing change from the typical colours that are usually associated with Valentine's Day.

Come see what my Practical Scrappers Ten Things teammates came up with using a heart punch here.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will look at heart punches in a totally new way.

4 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful layout, the color combo is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Lee-anne, love the masking of the hearts!! amazing LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh...so pretty! I love the lightly misted hearts on the background...and all the layers behind the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous layout great heart stencil love it !

    ReplyDelete