Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Practical Scrappers - Ten Things Letter Stickers




Hello scrappy friends!

Today is all about letter stickers.  Do you have tons of letter stickers in your stash that you don't know what to do with?  I have the perfect solution.  Use your Thickers or alphabet stickers to create a background for your layout.

My layout is of my grandpuppy Elly who was very sick recently.  She is sleeping in this photo so I thought I would gather up all the letters "z"s" that I had and knew that I would never use them all and put them to good use.

Elly

I took a 12 X 12 piece of white cardstock and adhered numerous letters on it.  I then used a small foam brush and applied gesso to all the letters and let it dry.  This gives the letters some toothiness so that inks and mist will adhere better and mute the colors as I had all different colours of letters.  I then misted and inked with distress ink and then I embellished with corrugated paper that was misted and inked and then added a variety of embellishments.  Here are some closeups:






This layout was a lot of fun to create and I was happy with the result.

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!

1 comment: