Friday, October 11, 2013

Practical Scrappers October Sketch

Hello scrappy followers!  Today I wanted to share a layout I created with the October sketch over at Practical Scrappers.

My son in law is such a great guy and wonderful with children.  I loved this photo of him and his nephew Quinn having some good quality time together.

For this layout,   I wanted the page to be spontaneous and fun so I reached for the new Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch #312 with insert A and punched the middle bottom and top of the navy polka dot paper as well as the outside corners of the orange patterned papers.  I also used some stencils and got messy with some modeling paste and also splattered some gesso.  I love the new roller stamps so I inked it up with some Stormy Sky Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and rolled it around the photo to give the layout some movement and make the photo the focal point.  As you can see, I really didn't go for perfection in this layout.  There are lots of fun mistakes with the stencils and the roller stamp was not stamped perfectly straight but I am fine with that.  I just wanted to create some good, messy fun to this layout.  Oh and what layout isn't complete without some fun wood star embellishments and a flair button?

Uncle Rob And Quinn

Acrylic Stamp - Technique Tuesday
Cardstock - American Crafts, Michaels
Diecuts - Silhouette America
Distressing Tool - Distrezz-It-All by Zutter
Flair - The Paper Bakery
Gesso - Liquitex
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Stormy Sky)
Letter Stickers - American Crafts
Mini Letter Stickers - Echo Park
Modeling Paste - Liquitex
Patterned Papers - Fancy Pants, Echo Park, SEI
Pen - Faber Castell Pen Big Brush (indanthrene blue)
Punch - Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch #312
Roller Stamp - Glitz Design
Stencils - The Crafter's Workshop
Wood Embellishments - Studio Calico
Here are more up close photos of my layout







Here is the sketch that I was inspired by to create the layout.  It was designed by Liz Chidester.

Practical Scrappers October 2013 Sketch
Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch With Inserts A, B, and  C

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you take time to do something you love!  Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment