Monday, November 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Plastic Canvas Display

Hello scrappy friends!  Today is my individual feature over at Practical Scrappers and I wanted to share something a little different than what I usually blog about and that is plastic canvas.  Before I discovered the world of papercrafts, I created many cross stitching projects and plastic canvas.  It was a great way to keep my hands busy while watching television.


For this Thanksgiving display, I used several pieces of plastic canvas, a wool needle, several colors of acrylic yarn some google eyes, embroidery floss for the mouths and a plastic canvas pattern that I bought from a craft store.  The above display took me quite a while to create, but I was happy with the result and it will be displayed in my home at Thanksgiving every year.

Do you have other creative hobbies that you enjoy?  I would love to hear about them.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a creative day!

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!!!!!! My MIL does plastic canvas and I do counted cross stitch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I would love to see your counted cross stitch projects :)

      Delete