Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Live To Create Mixed Media Layout

Hello friends!  Today I would like to share a simple mixed media layout that I created with Susan K. Weckesser's beautiful Live In Color Collection.


I love color and Susan's Live In Color Collection is so pretty and it makes me hope for Spring.  It's so easy to create mixed media art with because it already looks that way.

For this piece this is the process I used to create this layout:

I took a 12X12 piece of white card stock.
I used some Tim Holtz Distress Paints and painted the sky and grass.  Then I used some Ranger Paint Dabbers to paint the sun and clouds.
Next I fussy cut the house and title out of Susan's Live In Color Paper Collection.
I then took Susan's stencil and some modelling paste and went around the edge of the background and then I doodled and doodled with a black archival pen.
For the flowers I "painted" with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mists
and then I took a piece of Crack Tape/drywall tape and "stencilled" with some modelling paste in the clouds to give them more dimension and "fluffiness".
The mountains are nearby so  I thought I would make it realistic and I used Susan's stencil and modelling paste to create some "peaks".
Finally I adhered some sequins to give more texture and dimension and then my journaling which I cut from Susan's papers.

 Here are some more detailed photos.







I think I will frame this and hang it in my new studio because it definitely is my motto.  I hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for stopping by.

Lee-Anne

Supplies:

Acrylic Paint Dabbers - Ranger
Cardstock - American Crafts
Chipboard Letters - American Crafts
Distress Paints - Tim Holtz
Modeling Paste - Golden
Patterned Papers - Susan K. Weckesser
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Sequins - Teresa Collins
Stencil - Susan K. Weckesser

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lee-Anne. I love this! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!! I love how you did the roof, so many lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete