Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Black With 2 April Challenge

Hello scrappy friends!  Today I thought I would play along with a cool challenge over at Black With 2.   I came across this challenge blog and love it.  The April challenge was to use black card stock for the background, use the colours as shown as well as the sketch and word "inspiration" in the journaling.


Here is what I came up with for the challenge.


Now if the truth be known, I have always found purple to be a difficult colour to scrap and I didn't want my layout to look like halloween as these colours I tend to think make a good halloween layout.  I had a photo of an Iris that I photographed of my mom's garden and used that for my layout inspiration.


I cut the title, the scalloped circle, the little banner, a tag,  and the flower die cuts with my Silhouette Cameo and added some flowers that I have had in my stash for probably seven years or so.  I also added some twine and a sheer piece of navy blue ribbon to the tag and finished off the layout with some journaling with a white pen and some enamel dots and pearls.






It was a fun challenge and it definitely went outside my comfort zone.  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect photo for this months inspiration board! Thanks you so very much for playing along with us this month at BW2 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great LO, the colours work so well together. Thanks for playing along with us at BW2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always surprises me to hear that people are not fond of scrapping with purple. I think it must be the colours most fear. I hear you on the halloween thing though. :) Purple and green is one of my fave combos. I think you have rocked it hear and that photo just pulls it all together. Love this layout and your take on the sketch. THanks for playing along with us at BW2 this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've nailed the sketch Lee-Anne! And great use of the colour palette too. I used a photo from the garden as well. Agree with the scrapping with purple! Thanks for joining us this month at BW2!

    ReplyDelete