Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Together Layout

Hello friends! Today I am sharing my design team layout over at Creative Embellishments.  I thought I would create a Valentine's Day layout, but to be honest, this photo was taken by my son on my 15th wedding anniversary from last September but hey, my husband is my valentine so I think it works well.


For this layout I used several different chipboard shapes and wood veneers to pull this layout together. The papers are from the We R Memory Keepers Love Notes Collection.



I really love the wood veneer Conversation Hearts with all the cute love sentiments. They remind me of the Sweetarts candy I would buy as a child.  The Valentine's Hashtag word #Love was painted with white acrylic paint, let it dry and then dabbed a bright pink acrylic paint with a makeup sponge.  The Valentine's Hashtag #Be Mine was painted with a very light shade of pink acrylic paint and then I used a makeup sponge and dabbed a medium shade of pink acrylic paint over it to achieve a gradient look.


The  wood veneer Hearts were painted with several different shades of acrylic paint and some I just used a dabber to paint the outside edges. 


The title word "Together " from the chipboard Celebrate Word Set was painted with some black acrylic paint to make it pop.


Finally, I added some paint splats and a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.  I was inspired by a sketch by Laura Whitaker for this layout.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the Creative Embellishments Store for these and many more chipboard and wood embellishments.







2 comments: