Sunday, May 3, 2015

Us 2014 Layout For The May 2015 Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine Sketchy Challenge

Hello friends! Happy Sunday! Yesterday was National Scrapbook Day and I did a little scrapbooking.  There are so many scrapbooking websites that were having lots of challenges, but I was inspired by a sketch created by Sue Sykes for the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine May Sketchy Challenge.

This layout was a little difficult to create because these two gorgeous girls are sisters.  Alley is the brunette and Katey is the blonde.  Alley passed away tragically recently at the tender age of 21.

As I have also lost a sibling, my youngest brother eight years ago, it touched me and I wanted to honor Katey and Alley.

I always love creating with Fancy Pants Designs beautiful papers and embellishments.  This layout is created with the new Office Suite Collection.  I love the soft colors combined with the black.


There are tons of embellishments on this grid style layout.  The labels, buttons, die cuts, tags, alphas, and sequins are all from the Fancy Pants Office Suite Collection.


I also added a few flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons .


There is some sewing machine stitching from my ancient Kenmore sewing machine that I have had for almost 35 years.  It still works great!



I used the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to create the paper bow below.  


Here is the awesome sketch that inspired me.  I also love grid style layouts and sketches.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment