Friday, September 25, 2015

Scrapping Our Stash September 2015 Blog Hop



Hello friends! It's Lee-Anne here and I am excited that you are here.  A group of us ladies get together once a month to bring you a blog hop using our stash. 

 Every scrapbooker has a stash of papers and embellishments and we wanted to inspire you to get out your stash and use it up.  Be sure and visit all the ladies on the blog hop list as I am certain that you will be inspired.


For my project, I created a layout of Fall in the country in my area.  I had a 6X6 paper pad that I have had for at least 3 years called Harvest Lane by Simple Stories.  

I began by designing the word "Fall" on my Silhouette Cameo.  I then cut it out on a 12X12 piece of white card stock with my Cameo and set the letters aside for another project.  I wanted to use the negative space for each letter. 

To make the letters pop more, I took out my distress inks and my water brush and painted each letter a coordinating color that would go with the patterned papers and let it dry.

Now it' time to cut your paper strips in 1/2 inch strips and arrange them on the backside of your white card stock.  I make sure they are laying next to each other and for mine I placed them on a diagonal.  I then used some tape and taped them down.

After all the letters were backed with patterned paper strips, I added my photos, the alpha sticker title in the center and some coordinating embellishments such as a crochet heart, leaf stickers, enamel dots and a flair button.


Here are some more closeups.



This layout was so much fun to do and it is a great way to use up your paper scraps.  I hope you are inspired to give this a try.  Next up on the blog hop is Alison.  I'm sure she has something awesome to share with you.  Happy hopping!



5 comments:

  1. I absolutely how you did your title! From the big, stacked letters to the wonderful strips of paper and the scripty words tucked inside - it's a wonderful part of this page that I'm betting was tons of fun to create! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love how you did those huge letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word FALL is a fabulous background for your beautiful layout! Well done Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete