Sunday, October 4, 2015

Stitch It Class Layout

Hello friends! I haven't blogged much this week but have a new layout to share. When time permits, I like to take classes and improve my craft.  My friend Nicole Nowosad has her very first class at Big Picture Classes called "Stitch It" so I thought I would take her class.

I was an avid cross stitcher before I began scrapbooking so I have hundreds of colors of embroidery floss in my stash and I love hand stitching and machine stitching on my projects.  I haven't tried the string art technique so I thought I would try it.  I really find hand stitching relaxing and it was fun to sew the title.  



I watercolored my letters of my title with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and some water and cut my leaf die cuts on my Silhouette Cameo.  The cut file for the leaves is one of the cut files in the new Sweater Weather set that is available to purchase and download at Just Nick Digital Cut Files.  Here are a few detailed photos of my project.








Be sure and check out her class. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments: