Friday, March 25, 2016

3D Wall Art

Hello friends! Today I am sharing a home decor project over at Paper House Productions using the gorgeous new Colorways Atlantis Collection.  

This collection of patterned papers happens to be one of my favorite colors and I thought I would create a 3D wall art to hang in my bedroom.







This home decor project really came together quickly.  I purchased a white sheet of foam board from the dollar store to adhere the patterned papers on.

For the patterned papers I used:

2 sheets - P-3073
1 sheet - P-3075
1 sheet - P-3076
2 sheets - P-3077
2 sheets - P-3078
2 sheets - P-3079
2 sheets - P-3080

Using a paper trimmer, I cut the 12X12 sheets of Colorways Atlantis patterned papers to a 6X12 inch size.  I then cut that size in half to 6X6 inch squares.

I took my bone folder and folded the 6X6 inch squares diagonally.

Next I added the 6X6 squares of patterned papers being sure to not add the same pattern next to each other.  As you can see from the photos above, I only adhered either the top or bottom of the diagonal line of each 6X6 square of paper.  I made sure that there was no white space showing from the foam board beneath the papers so to be sure, I added 6X6 squares to the backside of the papers that were sticking up.  I tried to keep a consistent pattern of a diamond shape as you can see from the photos.



I am really happy how it turned out and I have it hanging over my bed.

I hope you are inspired to try something new and create your own 3D wall art for your home.  Be sure to check out the Colorways Atlantis Collection as well as all the other collections at Paper House Productions in the store here.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment