Monday, August 1, 2016

How To Color Foam Thickers With Distress Inks

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a quick tutorial on how to alter the white foam alphabet stickers or "thickers" with distress ink that are included in the July Main Kit at My Creative Scrapbook.  I know that many times I go to create a project and I don't have the color I am looking for to coordinate with my project so I thought this would be a solution.



To create my layout, you will need:
  • A craft mat or piece of cellophane to place your foam letter stickers on
  • A ink dauber or makeup sponge
  • 6 colors of distress inks - I used Ranger Distress Ink Pads in the colors below



To begin:

Place your foam letters on the craft mat and take your ink dauber and ink it up with the ink and dab or use a pouncing motion and apply it to the foam letters. I inked the word "hot" in Spiced Marmalade, the word "sand" in Picked Raspberry, the word "swim" in Wild Honey, the word "beach" in Twisted Citron, the word "relaxing" in Peacock Feathers and the word "vacation" in Salty Ocean.  Be sure and use a different ink dauber or sponge for each color so they don't get mixed.  










 Let the inked foam letters dry and then add them to your page as shown below.



Once the letters are adhered down on the background paper, add your photos and then go crazy with the embellishments.  I wanted this layout to be a fun, bright summery page of my son getting buried in the sand at the beach.

I hope you are inspired to try this technique and have fun!  Thanks for stopping by!




































No comments:

Post a Comment