Saturday, July 2, 2016

Make Your Own Sunshine

Hello friends! Yesterday I blogged about the new design team announcement at Just Nick Digital Cut Files and for the two weeks or so, each design team member will be sharing a layout to introduce themselves.  Here is my layout:


Flowers are one of my favorite things and I was inspired to create a layout with the Doodle Daisy Background.



I painted the white cardstock background with Gelatos, which are creamy tubes of color that remind me of a lipstick tube.  They come in several colors and can be used as is or with water to give a watercolor effect.  For my layout I used a paintbrush, water and three colors of Gelatos.  I then proceeded to add some splatters of Heidi Swapp Colorshine in navy.





After the background was dry, I cut out the Doodle Daisy Background on another piece of white cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo and then backed each negative shaped petal with some pretty plaid papers from a 6X6 paper pad of Perfectly Plaid papers from Lawn Fawn.  For the solid shaped flower petals, I colored the petals with a Gelato and smudged it with my finger.  I didn't have to use water with this technique.


 To embellish the flowers, I added enamel dots, chipboard pieces or a flair button.




 Here is the fabulous cut file I used for my layout.


Be sure and check out all the cut files in the shop because from now until July 4 you can get them for 30% off and there are hundreds to choose from.  Simply use the code July30 at checkout.  


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment