Thursday, June 8, 2017

Syd At 8 Weeks Old

Hello friends! Happy Thursday! I am honored that I was asked to contribute a layout for the June Page Maps along with a few design team members at Just Nick Digital Cut Files. If you are not familiar with Page Maps, it is a free sketch blog, by Becky Fleck, that has been around since 2006. Her free sketches for scrapbook layouts and cards are amazing and they can be seen here and also here at Scrapbook And Cards Today Magazine. 

Today I am excited to share this layout of my puppy Syd when he was 8 weeks old. He is technically still a puppy even though he just turned one years old about two weeks ago and now weighs a whopping 70 pounds.


Creating pet layouts is pure fun for me. My fur babies are dear to my heart and I love the Puppy Love Collection of papers and die cuts by Doodlebug Designs. 


I also added some the brown puppy flair button from the Good Dog Flair Set  and also the paw flair button from Cute Kitty Flair Set at A Flair For Buttons on my layout. Flair gives it the finishing touch. Don't you think?

Good Dog Flair Set

Cute Kitty Flair Set



It's always nice when I can put lots and lots of photos on a layout and Becky's sketches help me do just that. Here is the sketch that I was assigned


For my title "Syd" I used the Outline Alphas cut file from Just Nick, cut it out on white card stock with my Silhouette Cameo, and backed it with some patterned papers and added some mini alpha stickers as well to complete my title.




I also added some machine stitching with red thread to add some interest.


I hope you enjoyed your visit and I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment