Saturday, September 2, 2017

Meow

Hello friends! I hope you are having a good weekend so far. Today I thought I would share a layout of my cat Sheldon that I created for my design team project that is on the blog today at A Flair For Buttons.


For my layout, I used a 6 X 6 paper pad from Doodlebug Designs and a heart paper punch and punched out several hearts in five colors. With my watercolors, I painted five colors coordinating with the paper hearts on white cardstock. Once the background paint dried, I placed the paper hearts onto the background paper in columns and machine the paper hearts down with my Stitch Happy Sewing Machine and some aqua twine from We R Memory Keepers. I love my new little sewing machine. As you may notice, I stacked two punched heart shapes on the second last row from the bottom to give the layout a little more interest and dimension.


Embellishing was kept to a minimum as I wanted the background and photo to be the focal points of my layout. I used some ephemera, wood shapes and a flair button from the Got Cat Flair set at A Flair For Buttons.







I finished the layout with some enamel dots and splattered some white paint onto the layout.

I hope you enjoyed my layout. Be sure and check out the A Flair For Buttons shop for hundreds more flair buttons. Let me warn you, they are very addictive.

Have a good day!

Flair Used On Layout

Got Cat Flair







No comments:

Post a Comment