Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October Sneak Peek Day at My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! Today is my first blog post since my surgery a week ago today. It's good to be home recovering and I'm hoping to relax and get some scrapbooking done.

It's sneak peek day today at My Creative Scrapbook of all four of the October 2017 kits and what a beautiful lineup of kits this month. The designers want to share a few sneak peeks of their projects before the full reveal on October 5. Here is a sample of what is to come on October 5.






I got to work with the October Creative Kit and created 6 projects with this stunning kit. Here is a sample of one of my layouts that I am able to share that is on the My Creative Scrapbook blog today.


Lots of rich, warm fall colors in this kit. I thought I would share some detailed closeups of my layout. Lots of stickers and ephemera in this kit as well as lots of patterned papers from the Echo Park Hello Fall Collection. I just love buffalo plaid and those cute little trucks.


To take the Fall theme a one step further, I grabbed one of my border punches (Fiskars Swiss Cheese) and punched out some confetti to sprinkle on the page to look like falling leaves. It's a great way to add some interest to the layout.



I drew by hand, a leaf shape and used that as a template and cut it out several times on several colored patterned papers and then layered them behind the photos alternating the colors and popping them up with dimensional foam tape.


These two are so funny! I matted the photo onto some red patterned paper to separate the photos from the busy leaf background.






Finally I added the names of the two kiddos with a black fine line pen and voila!


This is what I created.


Be sure and check back on October 5 for the My Creative Scrapbook design team reveal and the full gallery for October. You are going to love what you see.

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment