Saturday, June 6, 2015

Beach Waves Layout

Hello friends! Happy Saturday!  Today I was creating in my studio and I had some fun making a layout with some paint dabbers and hand stitching.  My son was only eight years old when I took this photo of him running into the lake on a hot summer day.


I painted a "frame" around the photo with four colors and then added some hand stitching in four similar colors of DMC embroidery floss.


There are also some flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.


I fussy cut some circles from Echo Park's Summer Bliss Collection and embellished the circles with some sequins.  


The title "Beach Waves" is from Just Nick Digital Cut Files.  I die cut the title with my Silhouette Cameo on white card stock and used paint dabbers to color the die cuts instead of looking for some colored card stock.  I think they turned out very well and they coordinate nicely with the colors of the layout.






I played along with Sketch #107 over at My Scraps And More.



I hope you are inspired to create a layout with some hand stitching and some paint dabbers.  Have a great day!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock - American Crafts
Diecut Title - Just Nick Digital Die Cuts (Summer Words)
Electronic Die Cutting Machine - Silhouette Cameo
Embroidery Floss - DMC (519 Blue, 972 Yellow, Coral 3705, Orange 3854)
Flair Buttons - A Flair For Buttons Mexico Flair, Date Night Flair, Epic Flair, 
Paints - Ranger Paint Dabbers (Aqua, Mountain Rose, Sunset Orange, Sunset Yellow)
Paper Punch - Fiskars
Patterned Papers - Summer Bliss Collection (Echo Park Paper)
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Sequins - Fancy Pants Designs
Sketch - My Scraps And More #107
Stickers - Echo Park




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Layout Lee-Anne....love the paint dabber technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much goodness in this layout from the colors, to the paint, to the stitching! I adore your layout and I'm so glad you joined us at My Scraps & More sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - love your colors and stitching! The paint, the buttons. The title! Love it all! Thanks for joining us at My SCraps and More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Lee-Anne!!! I just pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the colors here!! Thanks for joining us at MSAM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Lee-Anne, you ROCKED the sketch! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool page! I love the way you painted and stitched the frames! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More Sketches

    ReplyDelete